Wireless network showing connected but not connecting

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my computer likes to do this thing once in a while where it will say that I am connected to my wireless network but will not allow me to access any website, chat programs or play World of Warcraft. I've tried everything that I can think of:

restarting my computer
resetting the connection on my wireless router
resetting the connection on my wireless connection booster
unplugging the connection on my wireless router for 10 seconds to rest completely

Nothing is working! It's done this to me before but after much messing around with it I don't remember exactly what I did to make it work. I need help!

I use a linksys router that is connected to the computer three flights down and I have Wireless Access Point on the second floor to kind of boost the connection (which I do not believe is working since I am having this issue anyway).

It was working until about an hour and a half ago. I installed a bluetooth connection to my computer to be able to use my headset. When I came back a half hour after the install I have been having this problem. I do not think it has anything to do with my issue though but I could be wrong that is why I am throwing it in here.

How did you install the bluetooth over the network or using a CD? If you could remove the driver and see if that fixes the problem. There could be a conflict with the driver and the NIC wireless driver. Best bet is to remove the NIC driver for the wirless device.. Reboot the laptop or desktop then re-install the NIC driver back or you could install the bluetooth device first then the NIC driver to see if that fixes the problem.

Or you could try to fix network protocols by flushing / purging the 3 caches.

click on start
click on run
type: cmd

type each below

nbtstat -r
netsh interface ip delete arpcache
ipconfig /flushdns

If you get an error on the last one then you have a DNS client service is not running error.

This can be fixed by typing this in the same area you had type the one above

REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Dnscache /V Start /T REG_DWORD /F /D 2

Wait for the okay then reboot the system
Login back then click on run type: cmd
type: ipconfig /flushdns this should work..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back