Wireless Networking Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahoy all,

I have a wireless router and 2 pc's. Here's my ordeal.

PC1(BROOKSNET) used to be the host for the home network, when one day it just died. Neither pc would connect to the wireless network. After playing around with PC2(My Home Network), I got it to connect, but PC1 still won't connect. PC1 connects randomly for maybe 2-3 minutes, then I get the "unable to find wireless network" message. When I try to reconnect PC1, it sometimes says I'm connected but I'm actually not. Also, PC1 is trying to connect to "BROOKSNET" and cannot find "My Home Network".

I'm pretty confused as to what to do now, as there doesn't seem to be anything short of reformatting PC1. Can anyone shed some light on this subject?

Thanks for your time.

Try restarting the router?

Update the router firmware, make sure that you have the latest wireless drivers. Make sure there are no interference sources nearby like cordless phones, other wireless networks on the same channel etc.

What's weird is that PC1 used to host the network for about 2 years with 2 cordless phones near it and we never had an issue. Now, when you say "reset the router", do you mean internally or unplug it for a few moments? I have unplugged the router several time but cannot get PC1 to work. I will try the firmware update tonight.

Thank you.

Might be time to replace that old router, they do go bad.. I would replace it with the one I got at BB (Best Buy) Buffalo MINO 54G Turbo High Power Amp/ANT...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back