Wireless resets when I attempt to download anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey folks,

Alright... This is rediculous. Recently, whenever I try to download ANYTHING, files, videos from Youtube, even large pictures, my wireless just resets, the download is vioded, and I'm stuck with nothing. It reconnects quickly, so I can refresh and try to re-download, but it will usually just reset again sometime in the download.

Normally browsing the internet is fine, but if I try to download something... I'm screwed.

As you can imagine, this is VERY frustrating. The other day, I couldn't download a 3mb file, because my internet would reset at various times throughout the download. After about ten failed downloads, I gave up.

I've tried on three different wireless networks and the same thing always happens, so I have a feeling it's my computer, although I don't know why it would just start doing this. This doesn't happen at any one time, like at internet use 'primetime,' it happens just as often at 6pm as it does at 1am. The download doesn't always reset, either, occasionally I can get away with downloading small things, but anything over 20mb is basicly off limits.

If you can help me, I'd apperiate it.

Thanks,

Atten

I'm not very well versed in such affairs; if you post a hijackthis log file though, I could help check if a malware infection is the culprit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back