wireless router, intenet only works for a short time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

panos_gr

hi, i been gaven a sitecom wireless router, and i'm experiencing some problems.I managed to secure my connection and make it work in my computer, but when i change user (in the same pc) the internet in the beginning works , but after som seconds, it stops and i must restart my router to get it work.any help??i'm really noob with routers and internet connections, so any answer shuld be detailed.

thanx in advance!!

I am not sure, but it would appear you have the wireless setup under your user account - remove it, log on as Administrator and set it up again.

Do you have a DSL connection that requires a login?? you did not mention what type of connection you had?

cable connections usually do not require login.. Does the problem only come up when using wireless? have you tried to do it wired?? If the problem does not arise using a wired connection and it seems to happen only when you switch users it might be the wireless connection setup for that user.. Not sure if wireless connections are part of a windows user profile (like desktop, my documents etc.)..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back