Wireless USB OR PCI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCTechie316

My friend has a modem, so we went out and got a Dlink router, and set it up. He has a usb wireless adapter. From were the router is, to were his pc is, he is only getting like 2-3 bars of connection. When he plays bf2, he gets many connection problems, somtimes loses connection to the adapter. I know its the adapter thats not getting enough connection to it. He's not in a postion to hook up to the modem or router directly though. So he needs to go wireless. Does he need to go get a PCI Adapter to get a stronger connection. I can play bf2 fine downstairs on my pci adapter. But i duno if it would help him or not. Thanks for your help.

unfortunatly wifi ain't good for gaming.. but since this is unavoidable lets try some stuff...

-Try bringing that PC with its wifi adaptor as close to the router as possible and see if it improve its strength.
-Try different router position and see if it will give better coverage
-Move objects that may interfere the signal like CDs, metalic objects, radios/chordless items (eg phones, tvs, radios etc)
-try a bigger antenna, if the router's one is detatchable

Remember, radio signals travel in straight lines, and walls and other objects will degrade that signal bit by bit..

if you could get that router on the other side of that wall i think it would improve your signal alot.. otherwise use a usb extention cable to move the usb wifi closer to it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back