WMP No show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newrad2376

Im sorry if this isn't suppose to go here. I just dont know where to put it. But let me get to my problem. Something is wrong wit hmy Windows Media Player. I open it and the tab opens on the taskbar but it wont show on my desktop. And when I right click and press minimize to see where it is so i can try to drag it back.. It minimizes from the roght side of my screen. When I restore it it goes back to the right side. But there is no possible way to drag it onto the desktop because none of it is visible when its maximzed or restored. I couldnt find the uninstall files for it.. I looked in al the folders I could think of and there was nothing about uninstallation. And these problems were on WMP9. since icouldnt find the uninstall i thought maybe upgrading would work. So I got WMP10 and I got the same problem. If anyone has any ideas please tell me.. For not I have to use Realplayer.....And.. Yeah...I just dont like it. Im just not use to it. THanks to all the read and reply later.. SOrry this is a report I just don't know where to put it. Sorry. Later :hotouch: :blackeye: :hotbounce

Up your resolution one notch so you can grab it. It's weird though, it should always remain within your desktop's area.

This is what you do. Start WMP9 or 10, then right-click on the taskbar icon for WMP, and then select “Move” from those options. Click the left and up using the arrows on your keyboard until WMP comes back onscreen - it is simply off-screen at this point.

If a list of options does not come up, you are in skin mode in the player. Browse to c:\program files\windows media player\skins and double-click on a skin file - that should open up in the player, and the player should then be visible again.

Good Luck!

P.s. Be sure to post back and share your results so that others may benefit from it.

barfarf said:
This is what you do. Start WMP9 or 10, then right-click on the taskbar icon for WMP, and then select “Move” from those options. Click the left and up using the arrows on your keyboard until WMP comes back onscreen - it is simply off-screen at this point.

If a list of options does not come up, you are in skin mode in the player. Browse to c:\program files\windows media player\skins and double-click on a skin file - that should open up in the player, and the player should then be visible again.

Good Luck!

P.s. Be sure to post back and share your results so that others may benefit from it.

I tried the move thing aqnd when i try it it just gives me a beep and it wont let me do it..And for some reason there is no skins folder.. Agh what happened,, This happenedafter the breaker went out.. gah..

Ok i just reinstalled WMP and got the skins and now the skins work. But It just bugs me that i cant view it on full size.

hmm... i was hoping the move with the arrow keys would do it. Ok lets clean out all registry keys that have to do with remembering windows size and positions.

download this CCleaner.
www.ccleaner.com - its free and its also fixes other registry issues and cleans temp files.

I want you to do two runs.
-Run the Cleaner. In left click cllick "Advanced" and check mark "Windows Size/Location File".

After that reboot and see if it works. IF not run the "Issues" cleaner.

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back