WMP play's MP3 to fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!

I've got a problem with windows media player 9.0. It plays my MP3's to fast.
It has no problem with audio cd's.

Specs: win2000 prof, 256mb internal, 10Gig, 866MhzPIII, ac'97 soundcard.

I've read that is could be a driver problem? anyone really fixed this by installing the new driver?

Other question: what driver manufacturor do you chose? I've got a compaq mainbord but a Intel soundcard (with Ac'97 audio adapter).

Who can help me?? it's driving me nuts :confused:
ThnX!

I am not sure if this is your problem or not. but in WMP there are settings to change the speed your media plays at. with it playing cds ok...i don't know, but i thought it was worth eliminating on the list of could be's.

Bipolar_Gargoyl :wave:

i had a problem like this once a time ago, with windows 98. apparently everything the soundcard processed was coming out at twice the normal rate, and reinstalling the sound drivers fixed the problem.

Fast Sound

Hey There

I'm having the same problem, my sound plays like its had a shot of nitrous oxide. I'm usind XP Pro on a Fujitsu Siemens Notebook with a VIA Vinyl ac'97 sound card. Tried re-installing the drivers and it did not work so I tried re-installing Windows....I'm still haing this problem. What else do u suggest?

Hi there!

I've tried everything in WMP to adjust the playbackspeed, but the settings are just not there:(

i personally don't have suggestions for u i'm affraid, im gonna try and find some drivers and install them.

Is there someone who can guide me trough with this?

Thnx!

Hey There

All you have to do is find out what make of sound card you're using. I know its an AC'97 card but find out who's the manufacturer. Go to the manufacturers website and search for and download the driver...should be an EXE file. Once downloaded just run the exe and it should install the driver for you. You can also Google the sound card model number and it will find the driver for you.

I managed to fix the problem by loading a second OS as a duel boot. I'm guessing that if I had to re-install fully it would have fixed the problem too. Strange but True.....

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back