WMP problem: white out videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a strange bug, but there appears to be a translucent white screen in front of the video, rendering the video hard to see. This problem affects only videos, and not the DVDs I play. I've reinstalled WMP couple times, but does not seem to solve the problem. I'd like to watch my videos without turning off all the lights. help!

OK, so I went to the uninstall program in the control panel, and uninstalled the Nvidia drivers. I went to d/l the new drivers from the web site you gave me, and as its about to install, it says, the nvidia setup programcould not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. setup will not exit. what do i do now?

uh, that's a really old version. I downloaded it, but my graphics still suck. photoshop is slow and 3D form Z is slow. Uninstalling NVIDIA helped with the white out problem though..

have you checked your video card drivers? looking at mine there's a setting to overlay brightness, contrast, saturation, hue, gramma (only for movies) or it may even be the wrong driver for the card wat card is it and wat are you running it with? :suspiciou ... jut

I found this post while searching for the same problem on my system. The last reply finally helped me find the solution. My NVidia settings have a color corection section. Tweaking this hadn't helped before, but I finally found that a dropdown allowed editing just the overlay. Adjusting the settings here fixed the strange brightness that was showing up on all my videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back