WMP problems and all sorts of ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
alright, here's the deal. i bought a brand new computer. i ripped a couple of cds onto my computer using windows media player. the next day i found that wmp wont rip my cds anymore, the itunes application i installed for my new cellphone wont open neither. neither will realplayer. when i try to open itunes is says that itunes has encountered a problem and needs to close. i haven't the slightest idea what to do. anyone?

Spyware scans possibly.

System restore might be another option.

Uninstalling the programs you`ve installed so far,one by one.

You say it`s a new computer.Are you "net savvy" regarding spyware/viruses ?

yeah but...

well the problem is, when i tried to uninstall quicktime, it says that the wizard has encountered an error before i could complete the installation. i have both norton anti-virus, and webroot spy-sweeper, and they both say i have no spyware or any cases of viruses.

wait..

as i found out, my user account is the computer administrator, and when i signed in on the other user accounts i was able to rip cd's just fine.

yeah, but why would i be able to rip cds on to my computer using a different user name and not my own. i mean, i'm the damn administrator, and, if it encountered an error, wouldn't it then encounter the same error no matter where? because itunes doesn't load on any other user account neither.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back