WMP10 won't display video image

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnugen

I just reformatted/reinstalled my XP Home SP2 and upgraded to WMP10. I tried to play a couple of the videos (in standard MP format) and I get sound but no picture. The screen is black. I can't find any option turned off causing this, not to my knowledge anyway. Anybody have any ideas, I usually use Winamp and MP. But never had a problem with MP before.

Nope still black screen. When I reinstalled XP, I had a secondary drive. I moved everything to this drive. The videos/wav files were already on the drive when reinstalling windows. This wouldn't make a difference would it?? I'd have thought not, but figured I'd offer this in case it has any bearing. Not all of these video files will play in winamp.

Black screen in winamp as well. I am baffled

Audio with no video can mean a couple different things:
1) You (again) are missing the correct Codec. I'd try hunting down some of the more unusual ones- start with google for Divx 5.11 (or higher) and Intel Indeo Video codecs. I've always had to install these two separately for some reason myself.
2) You have a tv-out videocard and need to double-check how you have any possible "Overlay" configured. It may incorrectly sense you have a tv connected and sending any video overlay (i.e. streaming video) to the tv-out versus on the main display.

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back