Wondering if a P-III laptop can be updated to a P-IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techmeniac

I have an IBM laptop
it is a P-III 900Mhz and a 512MB ram
windos 2000 Pro.

I wanted to know if my laptop can be updated. ?????????????????:confused:
The thing is i work with Desktops and stuff. I can kill them and make them alive again but laptops is other world??????????????

The P4 uses socket 478 and the PIII uses socket 370. The fastet processor you can get for that is 1.13 ghz.

You can't change processor generations on desktops without using special devices like Powerleap & even that isn't sure to work. The situation is even harder when it comes to Laptops. In other words, no you cannot.

no

It would be a complete waste of time. On a notebook everyting is integrated (meaning the NIC,Video,Sound are built right in to the MOBO). You just cant upgrade it and use the other parts. Area 51 has just(i think in the last few months) a way to upgrade your vidcard in a notebook pc.

in short no. if you think it is to slow donate to a place that needs it ,or even put Linux on it.

-why cant i put urls on the board?-

right guys, i believe there is no point in trying, so i will let my laptop be as is. but i was tinking if Win XP will go with it, or make it faster.

Windows XP will run slightly slower then Windows 2000 on that machine. It's up to you to decide if the extra features & eye candy is worth the extra burden on your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back