Wont boot up now

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhyGuy

well i just bulid a new comp, it booted up bios was all good, i just couldn't get it to boot from my cd/dvd-rom drive so i tryed to boot from a USB-hd then USB-fdd device hoping that maybe it would reconize my usb thumb drive as one of those, well, as i was doing that some pixles changed colors, and then i shut down the comp because i thought there might be some over heating, at the time of the problem the cpu temp was about 55-56 c with the stock heatsink, now the computer wont go to boot screen or anything, the monitor just blinks green and then to yellow green then to yellow as if it is sort of reciving a signal. well anyways so i thought i burned up my cpu :( which is just out of the box, well i removed the heat sink and there are no signs of any burns or anything wrong, so i can't figure out if i burned it up or not, any ideas?

P4 640 HT
DDR2 1 GB
Geforce 6600GT 128mb
160 SATA
16 x DVD DL/CD-RW drive

please helP!

Clear the CMOS. Then boot the computer with the Windows CD in. Most boards will automatically boot from the CD if there is no OS on the hard drive. Some motherboards let you press an F key like F8 to choose the boot device.

ya turned out the RAM had slightly fallen out of place just noticed it, its all good now other then winXP cd wont get to the part where i install the SATA drive so it wont let me install XP crap! lol

try to re-install your ram and try a diffrenet DDR2/DDR Slot, if that doesn't work re-install the proccessor

maybe its cause I used ddr400 ram when my mobo only supports ddr266... lol ive ordered some ddr266 already... hopefully this solves that problem :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back