Won't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
:dead: i have a problem, my pc will not turn on anymore whatsoever, i used to have this problem before and never did anything about it really because it would go away in a few days or even a week but no it's been 3 weeks if not more and it's getting depressing.
when i press the button to turn it on it does not make any sounds whatsoever. my sister used to play her games on it a lot and would be on it a lot at night and day time and would even leave it on a lot during the day so i don't know i hope it didn't burn out
its an hp, 512 ram , cd burner, dvd burner and it's only about 3 years old..
also the moniter is quiet old too its aabout 5 years old if not older and it used to turn on when my cpu didn't but now my moniter won't turn on at all either, is it related to it?or is it because it's just old?

a lot of people have told me that its possible that i need a new power supply, so does anyone know the solution to this problem it would mean a lot to me thank you..

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Please use normal colours, the colour you have used, makes your post difficult to read. If you click on the edit button, you can remove the colour choice. Then click save changes.

I agree with your friends, that you should try a different psu first.

Check with HP, to see if you can just use a generic psu.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

howard_hopkinso said:
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Please use normal colours, the colour you have used, makes your post difficult to read. If you click on the edit button, you can remove the colour choice. Then click save changes.

I agree with your friends, that you should try a different psu first.

Check with HP, to see if you can just use a generic psu.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

And If I'm not able to then do i have to buy one from them?

There are lot`s of places where you can buy a HP specific psu. Just Google for hp psu`s.

Hopefully, this won`t be the case and you`ll be able to use a generic psu, but it`s deffinitely a good idea to check first.

Regards Howard :)

well i tried replacing it with an old power supply from an old computer and it makes this long squeeling sound until i take the power cord out..i accidentally put the ram in wrong way and my dad belives i burnt the motherboard.

any comments? :/

If it was raw power that was put into the RAM, and the connections were connected directly to the motherboard, it may have been burnt out. If not, your a lucky dog ;) Look at all the connections and make sure none are burnt.

Compare the other RAM connections (the one that isn't burnt) and compare them to the other connections. If it looks disfigured and melted, its been burnt. Otherwise, I believe its psu. (I had the same problem with my comp, it just made a strange sound, I secured the power cord, and it turned on with no problems)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back