World of Warcraft CD wont load up

Status
Not open for further replies.

illuzion_123

Okay i just re-installed my WoW due to some issues , but now when i put the cd in the driver nothing will pop up or when i go to my computers i click the install icon nothing will come up , can somebody help me? I have cleaned the cd and theres no scratches or anything , i even have 2 copys of WoW and none of them will bring up the installation menu.Would appriciate if someone could help me out.

OK I'm not a computer wiz by any means but have you eliminated the obvious? By that i mean did you try to load anything else off of another CD or run another game off a CD to make sure it's not a CD drive problem? I had a CD drive go bad and it acted like what you are describing. If other CDs work fine then you're gonna have to call in one of the big dogs here cause I'd have no clue...

Bruff said:
OK I'm not a computer wiz by any means but have you eliminated the obvious? By that i mean did you try to load anything else off of another CD or run another game off a CD to make sure it's not a CD drive problem? I had a CD drive go bad and it acted like what you are describing. If other CDs work fine then you're gonna have to call in one of the big dogs here cause I'd have no clue...

Yeah ive tried other games and it loads just fine.

Ok.

First off, (not to be a jerk) is this a legal copy of the game? Torrent stuff can have all sorts of problems with reinstalling.

Also, you say this
illuzion_123 said:
Okay i just re-installed my WoW due to some issues
and then this.
illuzion_123 said:
and none of them will bring up the installation menu.

Is the game installed yet? If yes, and it just wont run, id would say reinstall agian. This time going through registry (which we can help you with if you need it) and making sure all of the WoW things in there are gone. Same goes with program files.

If you can not get the game to install, try right clicking on the drive it is in and choosing explore, and see if you cant find the install fire and start it that way.

The game is not installed yet , when i go to my driver and click explore it shows the installer icon but when i click on it nothing comes up, ive also used the windows registry , and the Regcleaner and i deleted all the folders that had WoW stuff on it

Do you have any other PC you could at least test the disk in?

Also, maybe a quick run of some antispyware/virus could be in order.

So according to your last post, you've uninstalled the game, right? I'm not clear what the exact problem is now. Is it you can't install it again?

AtK SpAdE said:
Do you have any other PC you could at least test the disk in?

Also, maybe a quick run of some antispyware/virus could be in order.

Yes , i went to my parents room and the instalation screen poped out , and yeah i removed the game a few weeks ago , and now im trying to install it back but nothing will pop up

When you explored the game disc, did you double click the setup.exe file? Most games have this file name but since I don't have this game I could be wrong.

this is what i get
this9us.jpg

Could you change your folder view to "Details?" Also, hopefully, you haven't set your file extensions to be hidden.

You can change the setting under Folder Options in the Control Panel.

Not so much hidden files but hidden file extensions. "Hide extensions for known file types." Uncheck that box for now. You can recheck it later if you wish. If you want, you can check the box to show hidden files, just in case.

Well, maybe the problem isn't solved but before, you had three files called installer. Now you know which one is the .exe you should be double clicking. I don't suppose double clicking it works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back