World of Warcraft Crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought my Alienware laptop in the middle of August last year. I got an Alienware because they are supposed to be some of the best gaming comps out there. I installed WoW and it was running fine for some time. I began getting a blue screen error when I played it, but this got resolved. Now, whenever I play, maybe 5 minutes into the game my computer freezes up. I contacted Alienware about this and they had me re-install Windows which forced me to re-install everything on my computer. When I started to install World of Warcraft, it said my CPU did not have the required speed (which it does, I made sure of that when I ordered the laptop) and asked if I wanted to install anyways. I installed it anyways and it still crashes just minutes into the game. Also, when I downloaded the patch, I got a spyware file warning called "Trojan.Wow.rg". I would recommend that anyone playing WoW run a spyware search just in case. I have tried everything short of sending my laptop back to Alienware to get it fixed or get a new one. If anyone has a fresh idea I'd be happy to hear it and be thankful for the insight.

Your problem with trojan.wow.rg happened to me too, It comes with a virus called Trojan.gen ( a generator virus ) that reinstalls trojan.wow if you delete it, You should send back your alienware because they are crap, build your own computer, it's alot cheaper.

Sorry I can't help you with your crashing problems, I hardly play it so I have no idea how to fix it :(

Yeah, if you believe it's broken or something then you should return it and get a new one ( or ask for a refund if you can, then we can help you build a new one for alot cheaper! :) )

lol yeah im gonna try to get at least a partial refund. i got a good friend who builds his own comps, so hes gonna be helpin me build a new one if i get a refund. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back