World Of Warcraft Error :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheEnigma

This is my Dxdiag information

System
-----------
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: INTELR
System Model: AWRDACPI
BIOS: )Phoenix - Award WorkstationBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.80GHZ
Memory: 512MB RAM
Page file: 299MB used, 949MB Available
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Display
-----------
Name: SiS 315
Manufacturer: SiS
Chip Type: SiS 315 Rev 00
DAC Type: Internal
Monitor: Plug And Play Monitor

I've been trying to play this World Of War Craft Game and it says this everytime I start the

application
errormg3.jpg
(basically what the link is the pop up i've been getting when starting my application..it says "World Of Warcraft was unable to start up 3D acceleration. Please Make Sure DirectX 9.0c is installed and your Video Drivers are up-to-date.) now i've installed Directx 9.0c 3 times already, plus i've gone

to the www.sis.com site in which to get a driver up date..however it didnt work..is there something you can give me to download? and have this game finally working or? im really confused..or should i just buy a whole new computer? I do realise that my game is a very heavy 3D style pc game, however i've played a lot more of other types of games on my computer which never gave me problems..umm but could you please tell me or give me
some type of advice or link to something that could help me?

I am correct in thinking you have an intergrated graphics card??? (built into your mobo and not a seperate plugin card)

If so, that may well be your problem, it may be time for a graphics card upgrade provided your mobo has an agp slot!!!!

Hi rik. I believe TheEnigma`s mobo does have an agp slot. It`s a Soyo mobo model SY-P41 854PE lite.

However, I don`t know what psu TheEnigma has.

Before you ask, no I`m not psychic lol.

Regards Howard :)

Your system is good enough to play WoW but maybe it's a problem with the game itself? Have you tried it on another computer?

Also please go to this link and to make sure you have the right specs to run WoW

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

reply with a link to a picture of your Pass / Fail bar + specs and I'll see if you can run it with your stuff

Your computer can run this product because your system meets the Minimum requirements. If you want to see how you can meet all the Recommended requirements to have a great experience, look at the Recommended section below.

Minimum Pass:
-----------------
CPU
Minimum: Pentium III or Athlon equivalent
You Have: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.80GHz PASS

CPU Speed
Minimum: 800 MHz
You Have: 1.80 GHz PASS

System RAM
Minimum: 512 MB
You Have: 511.5 MB PASS

Operating System
Minimum: Windows ME/2000/XP
You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Build 2600) PASS

Video Card
Minimum: 32 MB 3D graphics card with Hardware Transform & Lighting (NVIDIA GeForce2+)
You Have: SiS 315 (SiS 315 Rev 00) PASS
Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card Video RAM: Required - 32 MB , You have - 64.0 MB
Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - Yes

Video Card Driver Version (DirectX)
Your driver version number is: 5.13.1.2000 FYI: Your video card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper video card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.

DirectX Version
Minimum: 9.0c (included)
You Have: 9.0c PASS

Sound Card
Minimum: Yes
You Have: MPU-401 Compatible MIDI Device PASS

Sound Card Driver Version
Your driver version number is: 5.1.2535.0 FYI: Your sound card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper sound card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.

Free Disk Space
Minimum: 6 GB
You Have: 10.5 GB PASS

CD
Minimum: 4x CD-ROM drive
You Have: BTC BCO4016IM PASS, but the Speed could NOT be analyzed.

Recommended Fail:
----------------------
System RAM
Recommended: 1 GB
You Have: 511.5 MB FAIL: Sorry, your computer does not meet this recommended requirement. You may be able to add more RAM which could make your computer more powerful. Click the 'We Recommend' to see how.

Video Card
Recommended: 64MB 3D Graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting (such as an Nvidia GeForce 6600 class or better)
You Have: SiS 315 (SiS 315 Rev 00) FAIL: Sorry, your video card does not meet this recommended requirement. Upgrading to a more powerful video card will make all your applications look better. Click the 'We Recommend' button to see some great options.
Vertex Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 0.0
Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 0.0

error3tv2.jpg

Well it's only those 2 things that had failed but it does say it's able to run on my computer..it's just not doing that :-/

That's the reason right there... you have Vertex Shader / Pixel Shader 0.0!

You need atleast 1.0+ to even run it.. if you have a PCI slot I recommend getting a nVidia 6200 ( which is like $150 )

I got 6200 and it comes with 3.0! ( that's like a PCI-E ) Also my ram is 512mb and I run it perfect.. so just spend your money on a better videocard..

TimeParadoX said:
That's the reason right there... you have Vertex Shader / Pixel Shader 0.0!

You need atleast 1.0+ to even run it.. if you have a PCI slot I recommend getting a nVidia 6200 ( which is like $150 )

I got 6200 and it comes with 3.0! ( that's like a PCI-E ) Also my ram is 512mb and I run it perfect.. so just spend your money on a better videocard..

The ATI Radeon X1300 PCI is a lot better for around the same price (within $50).

EDIT:
Before you buy, make sure you have a sufficient power supply, and format. You either have PCI (Not Express), or AGP. You should be able to search up the computer and find out on Google.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back