World of warcraft FPS issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, i bought a new HP laptop about 2 months ago, and have been playing wow with about 10-30 fps, and ive really just gotten sick of it. I was wondering if there was a way for me to raise my fps in any way. Ive tried many different things but none have made a huge differents. My computer specs are..

Windows Vista Home Premium
AMD turion 64 x2 mobile technology TL ~ 1.6 GHz
958 MB RAM
DirectX10
Nvidia Geforce go 6150(integrated) 281 MB

I have all my settings on low and use 1440 x 900 resolution(wide screen)
Im kinda just wondering if its my system, or the Vista or whatever.
Let me know if its something i can fix or not.
Thanks in advance

Its a combination of all things you mentioned I think, integrated graphics for a game, and then you have your turion proc, not great for games, and vista will slow you down a bit with the specs you have, should have stayed with xp IMO

i actually bought my laptop with vista, and im thinking bout switching back. Do you know how much of an fps difference there will be?

Well since your videocard is ok ( Except it's integrated ) when you go to XP you'll save up most of your Vram instead of having Fancy menus and get atleast a 15-20fps boost, You have good enough RAM but the videocard just sucks... Maybe you're able to upgrade videocards for laptops?

im perfectly happy with a 15-20 fps boost, that would put me up to 30-40, but ive noticed people with older game cards then me still run WoW smoother then me. Ive also noticed many people with this gamecard+vista have the same issue as me(since a lot of HP laptops come with the go 6150). Think i should wait for a driver update? any help is much appreciated =]

15-20 FPS boost is pretty optimistic in my opinion. I think you'd be lucky to get a 10 fps boost. Your video card is really your big bottleneck.

I agree, your video card is your biggest problem, but nontheless vista pulls a huge amount of video memory that you'll definately notice the difference between xp and vista in your games, unless you want to find a laptop with a g80 equivelent card, which isnt possible

LNCPapa said:
15-20 FPS boost is pretty optimistic in my opinion. I think you'd be lucky to get a 10 fps boost. Your video card is really your big bottleneck.

I know LNCpapa, it was just a estimation... I do not have Vista ( Because it sucks! ) so I was just saying because of all the Vram it takes that it'll be a good boost like that, I was sortof saying what Supersmashbrada said:

supersmashbrada said:
I agree, your video card is your biggest problem, but nontheless vista pulls a huge amount of video memory that you'll definately notice the difference between xp and vista in your games

I really would be curious to see how much of a performance increase you really get. If you wouldn't mind posting back here to say it would be helpful. I could be wrong and you might see that big a boost.

You've tried tinkering with your video settings for WoW right? Trying using a low resolution like 800x600 and using lowest settings for everything. I have a FX5200 and i run with full settings 1024x768 at about 30fps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back