worm wont let me reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a worm (WS2.SpyBot.Worm)in my comp. Norton found it but couldnt remove it.It shut down my IE browser so I couldnt upgrade it. So I thought i would reboot with my cd. I loaded in up to the security installations then stopped running.
I tried to boot up from a previous restore--- nope! Tried to reboot in safe mode---nope!! Every time i turn it on it comes up with windows install runs till the security install & stops,
Went into setup & changed order of boot drives, still no go.

Looks like i have 2 choices, take it in to clean up ( about a $75.00 touch) or by a new hard drive (about the same).

UNLESS someone has a solution?

Do you have another computer to use that has a CD burner on it? If so, download a trial version of Ewido, You can download a trial version of Ewido here: http://www.ewido.net/en/

Be sure you update it before using it, and when it finds a problem, be sure to select the check box to do the same action (clean) when it finds a problem, otherwise, you will have to click continue, to keep scanning with every problem it finds.

See if you can burn the install file onto it, and load it on your sick computer. You could try slaving the sick drive to a good computer and run an anti-virus program that has been updated. Run the virus program from the good drive, and have it scan the bad drive.

you need a boot cd with utlity to, as now I would suggest,reformat drive and over write all clusters as 0's or 1's
the bug has got to diff parts of disc and even if you could install OS the bug would be there hiding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back