Would really appreciate Advice. 600-800$ to spend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello ladies and gentlemen (and others..lol),

I am very new to this forum so i'd like to say hello to everyone. To the question...

I have 600-800 to spend on a computer. I havent shoped around for computers in 5 years. I would really appreciate any advice or suggestions as to where and what the best computer I can get for the buck. Im pretty confident I could build it, but I would really rather save the hassle and just get the whole computer. I just bought a 19' ViewSonic UltraBrite A90f+ Monitor today, and I couldnt be happier. I was on a 15'. Right now my computer is so outdated it isnt funny. "NEC 9905 READY", think that says it all...lol its from 1998.

So where and what? Thats basically the question.

Thank you very much for your time and effort. Take care,
Adam

Well, you can check out newegg for pretty good prices. You could also check places like ibuypower for pretty good prebuilt systems that are configured to your specs.
If you decide to build it yourself, check out this thread for tips and advice.

Thanks guys, appreciate it, The system will be mainly for gaming. Sorry for not throwing that in there. I think most computer junkies play games online, or am I just thinking it? lol. Anyhow thanks and keep the suggestions flowing!

Thanks for your time and effort, Take Care,
Adam

You'll probably want to get something like a barton xp2500+, therye very fast and cheap, great for overclocking. And maybe some kind of nforce2 for a mobo, the epox 8rda+ i know is a great one also not too expensive. The video card depends, I'd say an ati 9700 non-pro , theyre quite a bit cheaper than the pro and can easily run just as fast with a bit of overclocking. And you will want at least 512mb RAM for games, Id get 512mb DDR PC3200, fast RAM and enough for todays games.
Hope I could help
peace:D

I build my system (barton 2500@ 3200, nforce 2... ect... its in my profile) for about $800. Its about 6 months old, but Im very proud of it.
I put a big focus on 3d video rendering and the best bang for my buck. I love games, and I wanted this one to last me as long as I could manage. With games like HL2 and Deus ex 2 on the horizon I feel this machine will eat em up at a decent frame rate. I would definatly recoment ATI for the vid card. Go with what you can, but I fell in love with the 9700 pro. Its costs some extra but its a quality product. I also recomend you go with quality ram, as it will lend itself to more successful over clocks if thats your gig. it was for me and I got my 2500 up to 3200 out of the box with active air cooling. Id love to help, any questions just drop me a line...
Peace...

P.s. If you've ever wanted to build your own rig, www.pricewatch.com is what I use a lot. Give it a go, its fun. ;) If you want a quality pre-built. I would go with dell. they don't do the gaming as well on the budget lvl, but its much easier and comes with good support. they have my aproval for the "pre-built" catagory. expect to put out at least 800 tho.

;) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back