would this card.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that is a very nice mid-level card. It will have no problems playing the games you want to play at all.

Double check you have an AGP slot, and that your power supply has enough juice to power this new monster.

Good luck!

By the way, what are the specs of the rest of your system?

The graphics card is (arguably) the most important for gaming, but still, I hope we aren't talking about a 1.2Ghz celeron with 256mb of ram ;)

specs

I am good in the "spec" area. My processor needs a little help.

2.66 ghz celeron D processor
1.5 gig ddr pc 3200 RAM
(soon) PNY 6800 gs Video card
ASUS motherboard
450 watt psu

not bad for a first time build

What model is your motherboard, out of curiosity?

Does it not support dual channel ram?

You have 1.5Gb now right? If your board does support dual channel, then you are not taking advantage of it right now. It is a noticable performance increase, and depending on what you mainly use your computer for, it may be worth your time to rearrange your ram sticks.

For dual channel you must have 2 (or 4) stick of identical ram.

If you currently have 3 sticks of 512mb (for example) for most games it would actually be a performance INCREASE if you take out that third stick and run with 1GB at dual channel.

Celeron D? Should strive for at least a P4...

I'm not too sure if removing one stick will help. I suppose it depends on what you do on the comp, RAM intensive programs will benefit more from the 512.

Then again, most programs hardly take up 1gb anyway.

run PCMark and see which configuration work better. Or run a game or something and note the framerate.

yeah my mobo supports dual RAM, Already installed. And i already had the Celeron D processor. I have 1 gig stick and a 512 working together. I at first bought a fx 5500 v-card, but then now I bought the PNY.

yup

Yup only agp, this PNY will be good for a long time, a long enough time to support me until I graduate from college and then spend my life married with some kids or something. OMG, i cant believe I just typed that... I'm going to cry in a corner now.

LOL.. yea, i dont thnk video card/gaming and kids/wife fit in the same line at this time of your life =P

have fun with the video card!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back