Would this motherboard work with my CPU!?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a PCI express card a friend gave to me and i need a motherboard that has PCI-e and socket 478 p4 CPU so i found this PX915P4C albatron motherboard
but the FSB on the board is 800/533 the processor i have is a p4 2.4 400mhz FSB would my CPU and this motherboard work ??? PLEASE HELP!!!!

Board work?

Sorry, I don't think it will work. But I can't be 100% sure. This board is designed for the newer prescott (processors with an E after the number) processors. A 3.0E Pentium 4 is about $180 and a celeron d 2.8 is about $108. I would get a new cpu, if you want power get a p4E if you are on a budget get a celeron D. I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, sorry to be the bringer of bad news.

If you end up needing a new cpu, then you might as well get a new mobo based on the newer intel 775 or amd 939 processors and get whichever respective cpu you need. No point going with socket 478 if the processor you already have won't work in it. An intel 915p mobo would have pci-express and a 775 socket. An amd 939 nforce 4 ultra with a 939 athlon 4 processor would also be pci-express compatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back