WoW and Windows ME/98

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThaUnknown

DO you think i could pull off running WoW on a Windows 98 or Windows ME. Could anyone guve me any suggestions.

Yes, it should run with any of those operating systems, and Mac OSX 10.3.5

World Of Warcraft said:
Windows® System 98/ME/2000/XP OS:

800 MHz or higher CPU.
256 MB or more of RAM.
32 MB 3D graphics card with hardware Transform and Lighting, such as GeForce 2 or better.
4 GB or more of available hard drive space.
DirectX® 9.0c or above.
A 56k or higher modem with an Internet connection.
Mac® System OS X 10.3.5 OS:
933 MHz or higher G4 or G5 processor.
512 MB RAM or higher. DDR RAM recommended.
ATI or NVIDIA video hardware with 32 MB VRAM or more.
4 GB or more of available hard drive space.
MacOS X 10.3.5 or newer.
A 56k or higher modem with an Internet connection.

There are the system requirements directly from the official WoW website posted by Blizzard, the maker of WoW.

Yes Wow is one of those games that could run on basically any system, If you look on the bottom of the WoW box it says Windows 98 and up

If you dont plan on upgrading to SLI any time soon go on Ebay and you can get a new copy of Windows 2000 for $60. I used it for years for gaming and had no problems, it was more stable for me than Win XP. Id still be using it if 2000 supported SLI. 98 is too out dated and ME is an unstable mess especially for gaming.

True 2000 is a good OS but if it had the stuff that XP / Vista has then I would have stayed with it :D

You should try atleast with 98 1st and if it doesnt work then just install 2000

well people still use 98, I personaly have been using XP since it came out
I think WoW could run on any OS but you should still upgrade to 2000 or XP

Your biggest problem with 98 and ME is that ATI and nVidia havent released updated drivers and bug fixes for those OS's in years which can cause alot of problems with games. And for $60 upgrade to 2000 you get rock solid stability and better security.

And for $60 upgrade to 2000 you get rock solid stability and better security.

I agree, The price for 2000 has droped alot, for the cost of like 3 WoW monthly payments you could buy it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back