Wow Bsod Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi everyone
I have a problem that has been plaguing me for about a year now. I bought world of warcraft when i bought my Nvidia 7900 GS graphics card. Once i ins talled the game i was able to play it for approximately 3 days before the new patch came out. AS soon as the patch came out, the game started to shutdown the minute my character loaded onto the map. That was a year ago...recently i picked up the game and am trying to figure out a way for my computer to handle this problem. I have encountered numerous amounts of BSODs, computer screen becoming black and rebooting. I removed the card, cause i was told the graphics card had issues with the game, and i was ableto play the game for about an hour before it rebooted again. I was once again told that it was because of a completing quest error. So once again I took suggestions and tried to fix that problem and then now my character wont even load before i get a BSOD that states: Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I really really REALLY wanna play WOW but there seems to be absolutely NO POSSIBLE WAY OF FIXING THIS PROBLEM!
I have read countless forums and have realized that this is a very common problem.
Nevertheless, IF anyone can help me with this problem i would GREATLY appreciate it.

Do you have the newest drivers (169.21)? This is a driver problem and not a problem with the game. Ensure that you aren't running an older version of graphics drivers or that the drivers aren't beta.

Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is a driver conflict and sghiznaneck is correct in asking if you have updated your graphics drivers.

Another thing that you really need to do is to attach your minidumps.

How to find your minidumps:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files. It is these files that we need you to attach to your next posting, NOT the whole folder.

For my 7900 GS card i did update it to the most recent driver. And it still would get a BSOD. I decided to go back to my integrated card which is a 6100 Nvidia. And i was told to use an older driver version for that integrated card. Theres a small problem about the minidumps. Theres about 50 of them. I'm uploading the 5 most recent ones. Ill go ahead and download the most recent driver for the 6100 and see if that works just in case.

Your crash dumps are caused by a myraid of different files each time, sptd.sys comes up, this is the driver for Daemon Tools. I would recommend you to uninstall this but there are so many other drivers that also cause it to crash that most files on your harddrive are either corrupted or you have some hardware malfunction. Like bad memory (tried running Memtest86+?)

You can try to run (from start > run)
sfc /scannow

This will scan you system files and replace any that it thinks are bad, it may ask for your Windows install CD
But first I would run Memtest86+ and if it does not list any memory as bad I would then do a complete scan of my harddrive with the drive manufacturers tool for your HDD

If the HDD is listed as working I would do a complete clean install of windows with a format, but of course back up anything you need to save first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back