Wow crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am at a loss with what to do with my computer. I have tried everything I can think of and nothing works. My old video card is and Nvidea GeForce 6500 (256 mb). I have had no problems with this card until I got to Outland. Since then I will be playing and for no reason I loose graphics. Buildings disappear, the ground, walls etc.. I have to completely log out of the game to get them back and sometimes I have to restart my computer. I lowered my video settings, but that didn’t help. I downloaded the latest drivers and that did not help either. I bought a new video card, VisionTek ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro (512 mb). I have not lost graphics, but I do get a whole different problem. My computer began to reset on me. I turned off the resetting on error and I got the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 000000x50.
I keep getting this error. I thought it had something to do with me running Ventrilo at the same time so I didn’t load it and my computer still gave me the blue screen. I tried uninstalling Ventrilo and got the same problem. I deleted all my drivers for the video card and re installed, I did this for each one. I got rid of all my old drivers for the GeForce when I installed the new video card. I have updated all my drivers for my mother board, ran Norton and AVG with nothing detected. I don’t know what to do, can you give me any help at all. Here are the specs that I have with my old video card.
Mother board: Asus P5WD2 Premium

SYSTEM TAB
Processor: Intel Pent 4 CPU 3.00 GHZ (2CPUs)
Mem: 1024 MB Ram
Directx: 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DISPLAY TAB
Name: Nvidea Geforce 6500
Version: 6.14.0011.6375
Date: 10/4/07
DDI version: 9 (or higher)

I researched what I could on the internet and followed some suggestions. I am also pretty sure it isn't a heating issue. I have exhausted every possibility that I can think of and I really hope you can help me.

Update: I just purchased e-GeForce 8500 GT. Now my problem is that the screen will freeze and I will get a black area, then I hit att-tab to get to my desktop. All my colors are messed up and then my monitor goes black and says "no signal found" so I have to reset. any suggestions?

that error that you first saw is usually related to defective RAM, either main memory, L2 RAM cache, or video RAM

The data is identified as being located within an area of memory that cannot be paged out to disk. The system faults, but cannot find, the data and is unable to recover. Faulty hardware, a buggy system service, antivirus software, and a corrupted NTFS volume can all generate this type of error.

I can't say for sure, as I said that is generally what generates that page fault error but

Faulty hardware, a buggy system service, antivirus software, and a corrupted NTFS volume can all generate this type of error.

If you can Go to My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder >minidump.dmp

The memory dump is a snapshot of what the system had in memory when it crashed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back