WoW texture/graphical problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitokiri_sen

Just to eliminate the "obvious" have you installed the latest graphics card driver and did you connect the power supply to the extra power connector on the card?

yea i have. I've installed the latest drivers and connected the PSU to the card.

I've no idea what's wrong. i must've opened my computer a dozen times to check if everything was in place but all was fine. The only thing i can thnk of atm is whether my m/b might be too old/weak for the X850XT but that shouldn't really be a problem ? it could handle a 9600 perfect so why not an X850XT ?

argghh this is driving me crazy.

It could be a marginal power supply pushed over the edge by the new card. What kind do you have (brand, wattage and amps on +12V rail)? While you're at it, what are the rest of your PC's specs?

i had a check inside my PC and saw that my PSU is a "Hairong 400 Watt ATX Power Supply"

Additionally my specs are:
AMD Athlon XP 2800+
Gigabyte GA-7S748 Motherboard
Chipset: SiS748
512 DDR400 RAM
Powercolor X850XT 256 AGPx8

BTW thanks for your help so far mailpup.

I still suspect the power supply although, of course, I could be wrong. I'm guessing that power supply came with the case and if so, might not be reliable. Look at the sticker on the side of the PSU and read the amp output. For example, if the +12V rail shows only 10 or 12 amps that would be way too low.

For a 400W PSU a minimum of about 24 amps would be nice. Others might have different recommendations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back