WoW Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orc Hunter

Yo, I was going to get WoW (World of Warcraft) for Christmas and I have many of the system requirements but my hard drive only has 733 Mhz. My friend who owns WoW can run it on his 750 Mhz computer, and I have been searching for an answer everywhere on the internet. My friends say it should play, but it'll be a little laggy (and someone told me not to go to Ironforge :) ). Will it run?

Minimum requirements are:

# Intel Pentium III or AMD Athlon 800 Mhz or higher CPU
# 512 Megabytes (MB) or more of RAM
# 32MB 3D Graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting (such as an Nvidia GeForce 2 class or better)
# 6 Gigabytes or more of available hard drive space
# 4x CD-ROM drive
# DirectX® 9.0c (included with game) and latest video card drivers

If you are under that, you may run the game but..... who knows? It would be a gamble.

Pentium III, Windows XP Proffessional
733 Mhz
GeForce 6200 Graphics Card AGP
512 MB RAM
I already have Direct X 9.0
I checked and I have a compatible hard drive, and plenty of memory.

I did a "CAN YOU RUN IT?" test on nzone.com and it says the only thing I'm missing is the 800 Mhz requirement and that I need 67 more of it, but like I said, I know a guy who runs WoW on a 750 Mhz Windows XP computer.

It will more than likely run, but will be very choppy especially since you only have 512mb of ram. My experience with games is the minimum requirements are generally not enjoyable play. Of course, I hate choppiness/lagginess. My experience with WoW is that it is very resource intensive. I would recommend an overhaul of your system if you really want to play. There are a few things you can do to help tweak out your system if you have a little cash to play with. But if you can't afford it. It may be worth it to save up a little money and invest later.

I did download a Star Wars Republic Commando demo, which requires 1 Ghz, and it did fine. Also I heard about a Mac user that plays WoW on 200 Mhz below the minimum requirements that also works fine.

I think you will probablty get both types lag and graphical chopiness. You can always download the 14day trial if you want to try it out w/o buying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back