Wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can't contact the database

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im having some issues with a site of mine and the db and all that!
Im a complete rookie with all this and i hope i can get all the help i can get in getting this fixed! I tried to place this on the forum but apparently i dont have enough permission.
Pls elp!

The Problem.

Im a rookie at this so pls excuss my ignorance.
My site's wp setup is having some issues(abinesh.com/delirium). when i went there today i got this :

Error establishing a database connection
This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can't contact the database server at localhost. This could mean your host's database server is down.

Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
Are you sure that the database server is running?
If you're unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact your host. If you still need help you can always visit the WordPress Support Forums.

Last night i created a simple machines forum on abinesh.com/forum and a db for it as well. I hope i didnt mess something up in that process. If i accidently deleted it, is there a way to retrieve it??

The weird thing is i have a test site which i play around(abinesh.com/test site) its a wp setup as well..And that has got the identical message as abinesh.com/delirium.

I hope thats enough info, let me know if you need more to help get the site back up!!

Thanks "guru's"

When your webhost are crap

Hey all...

I managed to get the problem resolved!! A friend of mine who is a linux engineer fixed in 5minutes!! Thank god we all have friends eh! Apparently the wp_config file was corrupt and that was the cause of the problem...I lost some images and links but thats no drama's compared to loosing the actually post!!

Ive got another question!!

I was given this link which apparently is the google ranking. My site got a miserable ZERO.It said something about a rating 1-10..Im guessing 1 is bad and 10 is awesome?? But ive got ZERO! Whats that mean and what should i do to improve that?? PLS HELP!

google ratings are ... controlled and defined by ... Google :)

sign into the Google Webmaster tools and start reading on webcrawlers, GoogleBots, et al

edit:
http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=34468&ctx=sibling says:
Why does my site have a PageRank of zero?

A page may be assigned a PageRank of zero for a variety of reasons, such as:

* Googlebot hasn't yet crawled this site, or the site has only been developed recently.
* There are no or few trusted links to the site.
* Google believes the site violates our Webmaster Quality Guidelines.

To learn more about PageRank, please see http://www.google.com/technology/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back