Write Protected USB Flash Disk (Kinggaroo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am using the device for almost 6 months already. i don't know why it is WRITE PROTECTED when there's no manual switch installed on my USB Flash Disk.

please do help me coz it is really a great help to me for my lecture during classes. i am a college instructor and my USB Flash Disk is really a great help to me.

thanks for any help...

joel

Copy all the files off the drive to your hard drive. And then format the flash drive as FAT32. Try and do this from Disk Management in the Administrative Tools control panel in XP (if thats the OS you are using).

I've seen this happen with flash drives before, I don't know why it happens, but formatting through Disk Management seems to work. Post back if it doesn't.

not detected

when i inserted the USB Flash Disk, it was detected and automatically installed and was ready to use. am using an XP OS. but the removable disk will not display when i click the MY COMPUTER . . . .

any suggestions???

Try right clikking My Computer, select Manage and go to Disk Management...does it show up there ? ?

patio. :cool:

a lot of thanks

thank you so much for all the help.

the problem was solved and i can use it again...hehehehehe

thanks again nice people in this forum.....

God Bless...

thanks to Patio and SNGX1275

as adviced by PATIO and SNGX1275, i format the flash disk by using the Disk Management of the Control Panel's Administrative Tools of just simply right click My Computer and select Manage :)

i have the same USB flash drive, prob is when i access it it will say that i need to format it, i followed your procedure but it wont work. error message is "the operation did not complete because the media is write-protect" i tried formating it in FAT and FAT32...please help!

unswitch the write-protection. There should be a slide, button, etc... somewhere on the USB drive. if you still can't find it, there must be a software write lock. Go into my computer, look for your drive and hit properties. Then right click on your drive and go to security. uncheck write protection.

tedster, i tried doin what you said but there isnt a "write-protection" button or box anywhere. theres no "security" tab. only GENERAL, AUTOPLAY, TOOLS and HARDWARE.
i tried clicking on Disk management under my computer and and under the FILE SYSTEM of that drive its blank. the other drives says NTFS...and i tried using another USB flash and it says FAT..but this one is just blank... im not too familiar with these..hope anyone can help me...

then your drive may be toast. You can try to recover it using the techniques in the FAQs. IF not, I'm afraid the data is lost. Never keep stuff on a flash drive you cannot afford to lose.

I was having the same problem (although mine was with an SD card), and none of the suggestions worked, and then i noticed the SD card itself was locked, and that was causing all the overwrite error signs. Pretty dumb, but maybe this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back