WW2 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are a lot,I personally think 'medal of honour pacific assault','call of duty united offensive' and 'brother in arms earned in blood' are best among all of them.

It would sort of help if you told us what kind of games you like? There are WW2-themed games in every genre (except maybe sports :p )

wwii games

Any of the close combat games are excellent despite the limited size of fielding armies.
I cant stop playing Battlefield WWII although i know there are probably better first person WWII games about.
dont know if thats been any help but thats what i think anyway:)

Red orchestra beats all those games posted. It came out this year and it's only like 25 dollars off steam. Get RO!

D@nny,from your thread i first heard about 'red orchestra'! Is it a ww2 based PC game? Is it a pure first/third person action or strategy based action like Brother in arms?despite being a new game why hasn't it become popular like other titles? It seems that u enjoyed it a lot,i am very curious about the game,i hope to get some more feedback from u about the title.

I know about this old one called Dirty Dozen. Not sure if u'll like it but I sure did. I hear there's a sequel too though I've yet to play it.

ani123 said:
D@nny,from your thread i first heard about 'red orchestra'! Is it a ww2 based PC game? Is it a pure first/third person action or strategy based action like Brother in arms?despite being a new game why hasn't it become popular like other titles? It seems that u enjoyed it a lot,i am very curious about the game,i hope to get some more feedback from u about the title.

Yes it is a ww2 based game. Let me break it down to you. It is popular and usually theres atleast 5 or 6 servers with 32/32 members and theres atleast 25 maps for the game. 15 large maps came with the game and some others like 5 or 6 were created by the devs but were not released as offical maps but can still be played. The maps arn't linear like call of duty 2. And driving a tank can't be done alone like the battlefield series. Games like CS and COD2 make you feel like your in a war movie RO will make you feel like your in an actual war with your platoon.
It is a realistic game you have no cross hair you don't even know how many bullets are left you just judge how heavy ( or light) your ammo magazine is to see guesstime how many bullets you have. The game punishes you for running and gunning but your rewarded for patience and skill. Theres classes you get to choose from no not just different guns but classes. There's machine gunner 2-3 , assualt trooper 3-4 , rifleman , one sniper per team , semi auto rifleman ,tank crew man , tank commander 1-2 , squad leader 1 , and maybe some other i'm forgetting. The maps are large some maps will take you a good 15 minutes of walking through scenery I find this more realistic and makes the game more exciting. It is had a trial which got even more members to join that's what got me hooked. I'll see you on RO soldier.

D@nny,reading your reply i've also become very interested with RO,but can you kindly tell me whether single player mode is available for this game?

D@nny said:
Yes it is a ww2 based game. Let me break it down to you. It is popular and usually theres atleast 5 or 6 servers with 32/32 members and theres atleast 25 maps for the game. 15 large maps came with the game and some others like 5 or 6 were created by the devs but were not released as offical maps but can still be played. The maps arn't linear like call of duty 2. And driving a tank can't be done alone like the battlefield series. Games like CS and COD2 make you feel like your in a war movie RO will make you feel like your in an actual war with your platoon.
It is a realistic game you have no cross hair you don't even know how many bullets are left you just judge how heavy ( or light) your ammo magazine is to see guesstime how many bullets you have. The game punishes you for running and gunning but your rewarded for patience and skill. Theres classes you get to choose from no not just different guns but classes. There's machine gunner 2-3 , assualt trooper 3-4 , rifleman , one sniper per team , semi auto rifleman ,tank crew man , tank commander 1-2 , squad leader 1 , and maybe some other i'm forgetting. The maps are large some maps will take you a good 15 minutes of walking through scenery I find this more realistic and makes the game more exciting. It is had a trial which got even more members to join that's what got me hooked. I'll see you on RO soldier.

Would you say this is more team/squad based or "one man army" type game play? I read a little about RO prior to reading this but the review lacked game play details. Sounded like a great game. I don't yet have broadband, and was wondering how the SP is? Is it like CS:S SP or more like BF2 SP; how CS:S tries to recreate the online experience in detail, where as BF2 added SP to not lose their loyal Battlefieldiers, and is more geared toward online play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back