X-box broke-not picking up disks

Status
Not open for further replies.
last night I was playing my x-box and it froze. So I went to turn it off and turn it back on and continue playing, WRONG. As it started up it went strait to the "disk may be damaged or dirty" pop-up. It won't pick up any discs, audio, DVD, games, you name it. And it also wouldnt pick up the disc I was trying to use to clean the lens to see if it was that, if anyone can help, thanks alot.

If its still under warranty then take it back. If not, you may have a serious problem that will require u to open it up. If u wish to do that then i can help but be warned, u will have to break the warrany seals and once that is done there is no going back.

If you no longer have a warranty, Microsoft will want 100 Bucks to fix the problem. Do not give it to them. Yes you will have to open the xbox, but replacing the DVD drive (thats what it sounds like to me) is a sinch. But if you have the warranty...do that first :knock:

Sean

yea...my plan is opening it up, it rumbles now, and makes like hmm.....kinda like as if the plastic gears are slipping(kinda like scraping), or something like that. The warranty is dead, like 2 years over. Any percausions?

Glad to see your not paying the a**holes. It is fairly simple to open up, just rip up the plastic grippy feet, and the stickers. And try not to touch the black capacators (there 150v) while working in there. I have slipped a few times..and wow they wake you up. Also be careful with the custom yellow Optical cable thing coming out of the DVD drive, as they are a special part (not that you cant buy another one or anything) Good Luck

Sean

I wonder if a DVD cleaner would have worked on the old one.

the discs with the brushes on them....

yea i tried that, but it wouldnt read the cd so i could start the cleaning, but its all good now then new drive rads faster anyways less loading time so im happy

wow , your from el paso too awsome, so ima I!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back