X-Fi Xtreme Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackshadow2007

I am thinking of getting an X-Fi Extreme card, for my personal pc. I do a lot of gaming on my pc. I can get an Extreme Audio for a great price right now. Is there anything hardware or software that the Extreme Gamer will do that the Audio wont? If its software can I use the gamer software? I can’t seem to find any info on this, any input would greatly be appreciated.

Ryan

The Xtreme Audio is not a "real" X-fi (just a re-badged Audigy)
The Xtreme Music and Xtreme Gamer are basically the same.
The Xtreme Music is discontinued and being replaced by the Xtreme Gamer

I bought the Xtreme Audio not knowing what it was ($45 after rebate from Newegg). I have an Xtreme Music on the way.

All have Vista drivers.

One feature I like about the Xtreme Gamer is it has header pins for the headphone jack on the front of the case and you can use the front and rear jacks at the same time.

Thanks

Thanks everyone,

I picked up the gamer yesterday, it is freaking amazing with my 5.1 speakers. I just wish I would have known about the snap, crackle and pop noise. It makes in Battlefield 2142, when there is a lot of audio. I searched Google and there seems to be no fix yet :( . This is a little disappointing since this is why I bought it. They go as far as advertising BF2142 sounds best on X-Fi, with knowing full well this bug exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back