X1800XT 512mb Problems... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

wardy_uk

Im having trouble getting my new X1800XT 512mb to work properly. Whenever i attempt to run the 3dmark05 bench test it fails on the second scene (everytime!). When i say 'fails', basically it appears to get graphical error lines up and down the screen, if i dont exit the test it will crash altogether.

Now my first thoughts were it was a driver problem, i did have version 5.13 + CCC, but after installing the latest drivers 6.1 from the ATi website im still having the same problem, which also occurs in games like Battlefield 2 and COD2, games that i used to play ok on low settings with a 9800XT.

My Spec Is:
AMD 64 X2 3800+ (bios updated to 1009)
A8N-SLi Premium nforce4
ATi Sapphire X1800XT 512mb
250gb Western Digital HDD SATA 7200rpm
500w Antec NEO Power Supply
17" TFT LCD Monitor

Please, Can Anyone Help...?

Hi Wardy,

you might want to check out the new radeo Omega Driver with the latest catalist.
Myself, i 've got a dell 8400 with a x300, and i didn't want to get the dell driver.
Installed the omega, which works on ALL radeons. It includes an overclocking tool, and much much more. As i've read it should make beter use of ccc, or just bypassing it.

It even has a soft mod profile for some radeon cards. Which can be chosen at installation. I chose normal install for my card, of course.
I have to say it works flawless with my card. Gets more out of my
x300 se.( about 10 fps more when clocked over).

Be sure to uninstall everything else (ati control panel, catalist control center and other stuff).
And when installed make sure, you don't install anything else.
But there's no need to since this driver will make you smile :slurp:
no issues here.

http://www.omegadrivers.net/ati/win2k_xp.php

Let me know what you think,

Grtz,
Charp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back