x1950pro AGP!anyone seen any benchmarks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrissof

Hi everybody.
this is my first post on TechSpot...
and I`d like to ask a question(or two or three):what about the x1950pro AGP?
anybody seen it work?
benchmarks?
avalability?(europe/germany)
will it really be coming?
Have I spent 200.-€ on the wrong card?(x800pro@xt)

Funny thing, we were just discussing this in the Socket 478 thread in the cpu/chipset forum. :)

I don't believe there is any hard data on this and it's likely just a rumor right now. Similar rumors occurred when Diamond made a typo on their website and listed an X1800 as AGP when it was a cut/paste job overlooked from an X800 HTML page they modified for the X1800.

I'd imagine hkpc or Tom's/Anannd's will get some solid info should there actually be any hint of an AGP based X1950. For now, it looks like the X1650 series will get the best chance of an AGP flavor.. but the X1950 is still only "rumor" material as I know of no local oem's with even so much as a future SKU or partner hint for the units.

Update-
Some retailers are now getting SKU's for the X1950Pro AGP. This is a 12-pipeline, 36 pixel shader R500 series GPU for AGP.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...t&productCategoryId=cat01151&id=1157068455153

There is no avail/on-hand quantity though so we'll have to wait and see if these early SKU's/place-holders actually get any physical stock soon.

I'm also waiting for SOME website to get their hands on one to see what fillrate/bandwidth they have as these have 4-pipelines shaved from the normal X1900 series. (12 vs 16). I'm concerned there may be some performance drops in meatier games vs. an X850 or X800 series with 16-pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back