x600 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

taylub

I recently upgraded my other comp to windows vista ult and i downloaded the newest driver for my ati radeon x600 series and it installs fine and areo and all that good stuff works except that my monitor is blurry, all the text and screen seem like hardware rendering is off, iv tried everything please help

note: this gfx card and monitor were fine before vista and i use the same monitor for another comp and its fine as well

also if no driver is installed there is no blur and when installed if res is set to minimum there is no blur but i have always been able to use full res on this comp and monitor in the past

Vista is very picky with hardware. Your video card may not be compatible with Vista, even though you have installed Vista drivers...

When you get a chance, borrow another video card from a friend and try it

Unless you have a very strong NEED to use VISTA, you should want to go back to WXPP. There are still just so very few people who have no need to move to VISTA, yet want the latest thing... making their lives miserable.
After the Service Pack 1 comes out, you will have plenty of time to decide. My guess is the drivers will not be firmed up until SP1 come sout.

thanks for the imput guys, i think im going to make a duel boot and mess around with it, ill post back if i find a fix

Good idea on the dual boot for Vista and XP... All users of Vista should do this, at least until Vista, SP1 is released

I have vista on my new laptop and have had no problems whatsoever. Only thing is compatibility with older games such as war3 which I believe can be gotten to work with compatability mode but i have yet to try it.

VISTA on a new machine is a different animal than VISTA on an old machine.

Just because things are good now does not mean they will stay that way. Laptops are definitely having more troubles with VISTA than are desktop machines.

well i didnt mention it, but it is a low-mid end laptop so its been runnng fairly well. I did get a huge discount because I work ina retail electronics store, but I did disable aero and a few thingsto get best performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back