Xbox 360 on my monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dilmog

Hey, i was recently thinking about getting a xbox 360, but i do not have an HDTV, and i've heard that playing games on a 360 is no good unless you have HD. But then i got thinking, and i remembered that you can actually hook your xbox 360 into your computer monitor. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if i would get good resolutions hooking a 360 into my monitor. And if i can, what resolutions i could get. Thanks!
ps.
my monitor is a ViewSonic G90f CRT. You can look at it here:http://www.viewsonic.com/support/desktopdisplays/crtmonitors/graphicseries/g90f/index.htm

Wait, what is wrong with my crt? it supports great resolutions when i use it with my computer.

well if you read what I said you would know...

"I havent really looked at your computer personaly to see if it's good enough..."

TimeParadoX said:
Hmm.. if want a good resolution when hooking up a X360 to monitor I would get a LCD screen but I havent really looked at your computer personaly to see if it's good enough... a good LCD monitor would be like this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824254005

I have hooked up my Xbox 360 to a computer monitor before and the I noticed the monitor delays about two seconds, so you really can't play a game comfortably (at least with my monitor, a Sony LCD).

Well see I never tried to hook up a X360 to my monitor because I dont have one... But that is more useful then what I had to say Cfitzarl =P

From Xbox.com:
If you're using the Xbox 360 VGA HD AV Cable to connect your Xbox 360 console to a computer monitor or TV monitor with a VGA connection, you'll have the opportunity to select from a variety of resolutions. They are:

* 640 x 480
* 848 x 480
* 1024 x 768
* 1280 x 720 (equivalent to 720p)
* 1280 x 768
* 1280 x 1024
* 1360 x 768

Hey, i was wondering, if i did hook a 360 up to my monitor, how would i get sound out of either a headset or speakers?

Does the Xbox / your monitor have spots for your headset or speakers to plug into? If they do just plug them in and it will work

No it doesen't. but i have been browsing around on some forums that have threads on this topic, and it appears that the VGA cables that you hook the Xbox 360 to your monitor with have an cable for audio, although you will need some kind of converter to do this. But anyway, i have abandoned this idea, because i finially got my good computer running (w00t), and i cannot imagine playing any fast paced FPS like Unreal Tournament 2007 with a controller. And plus, once the whole Cross platform thing between 360s and PC's is active, it will be Hella-fun to pwn people trying to kill me in FPSs. Thanks for everyone's help on this thread, and i hope that this thread may help someone now, or in the future with hooking their xbox 360 to a computer monitor.

You are gonna have to go to your local radio shack or what ever little electronic store you have near your house and get some RCA cables then get a RCA to mini-jack converter to plug in headphones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back