Xbox 360 vs. PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

harrisdurrani

Hey guys hows it goin .... just wondering which next gen console will win the war ..will it be the 360 or the ps3

Right now i have both the ps2 and the xbox and i love both of them but i personally like the xbox more than the ps2 because of its good collection of games and graphics..and for the past year the xbox has had much better games released compared to the ps 2 ... and than ofcourse we have xbox live

Ps2 is a great console and it has a Huge Library of games but only about 20 out of a 100 games are worth playing...but those 20 game are really worth your money.....

anyhow ...as far as the Written Specs say The Playstation 3 does look more powerful than the xbox 360 and has much larger third party developers working for them as compared to the xbox 360...BUT I COULD BE WRONG

The xbox 360 does have a very Impressive lineup and its much cheaper than PS 3 ----
In The End i'd probably end up buying both the systems but was just wondering what you guys actually think is better

The only games I like on the XBOX are KOTOR and Jade Empire. I can't find more than 10 games I would want to own for the XBOX (in fact, I have less than 10 games). I already have more than 20 games for the PS2 (all of which are good) and can think of another 20 that I wish I could afford. It's all a matter of opinion.

As far as the next generation consoles come, the first to come out will sell the most and be the most popular because while the others play catch up getting their consoles to market, the first releaser will have a strong enough initial consumer backing to gain the strongest developer support. Specs are irrelevant, as we saw in the current generation--the PS2 sold something like 3 times as many as the XBOX and Gamecube combined, even though it had inferior technology.

As for which one I will buy? Based on what I posted above, I'm pretty sure it will be the 360, although I will wait until each of them are out to buy my first one. Buying consoles at release is just stupid. They are always the must unreliable (The PS2 has something like 11 or 12 different revisions and I think the XBOX has at least half that number). They get better and better each time--let the early adopters get screwed dealing with the initial (minor) flaws and pick up a console when they are better, have a larger selection of good games, and have experienced price cuts.

PS: The 360 will not be cheaper than the PS3.

Myself i will probly buy the 360 but now for a couple years when it's cheaper. The Xbox360 looks like it has crappy games coming out but what about Halo3 and Fable2. I have heard that the Live is gonna be awsume and that you could desing car styles and stuff like that and actaully sell it online. The controlers are all supposed to be wireless and you can hit a button on the controller to turn it on which im gonna love because im lazy. I have an Xbox and I like becuase it has lots of good gaames but their nubers have been dwindling. PS2 has some really awsume games but just like Xbox there is alota crap out there so it is just a matter of opion. Im preety sure Xbox will be more expansive then Xbox about 500 Cannadian $.

Hey guys

Well there are crappy games on both the systems but if u look at the way xbox has boosted its sales since last year i think you have to give credit to the xbox because games arent running with smooth frame rates on the ps2 anymore....well also because the ps2 is 4 years old now compared to the xbox which is just just 3 years old i guess

look at Splinter Cell Chaos theory...they are on both the consoles but the xbox version is far better than the ps2

same goes for brothers in arms the ps2 version isnt as good as the xbox version

But yea if it comes to role playing games than i YES the ps 2 does kick *** but Sports and Fps games its just more fun on the xbox

anyways as far as the Next Gen consoles are concerned i think time will tell which ones better. Keep in mind the REVOLUTION is yet to come. Who knows, it could just be better than the two big Giants...

Anyways i could be wrong but this time it think the ps3 will show more Endurance in the long run compared to the 360...

and hey the 360 has awsome games i mean did any one see GEARS OF WAR's High defination trailer that runs on 720p ...you need at least a 512 ram and 2.4 Ghz and a 64mb video card to watch and runs on 60 fps it just looks fantastic.

http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox-360-hires/2250/Gears-of-War-E3-2005-Trailer-in-720p-Resolution/
We'll Actually see the true power of the consoles at the end of 2006 or in 2007

P.S Yes the 360 is cheaper comes in two packages 299 and 399
the 299 one will have ur basic stuff like the console a wireless controller a cables and stuf while the 399 will have a hard drive, head set, 2 controllers and some other things.....PS3 is gona be more than 450 bucks thats for SURE

P.P.S ....Why did Sony make its contollers look like a BOOMERANG ??

hey

i live in canada to, 299$ comes up to around 363 CDN dollers but keep in mind we have to pay FREAKIN 15 % tax lol...but if i were to get an xbox i'd definatly go with the 399 bundle it has a lot more stuff and if u tend to buy each and everything individually its gnna cost u way more

ya i guess so but im still waitng till the price on th expensive one goes down i dont have alota money. The xbox 360 is like supposed to becoming out in november i think wich is way to soon also what part of canada do you live in?

harrisdurrani said:
P.S Yes the 360 is cheaper comes in two packages 299 and 399
the 299 one will have ur basic stuff like the console a wireless controller a cables and stuf while the 399 will have a hard drive, head set, 2 controllers and some other things.....PS3 is gona be more than 450 bucks thats for SURE

You couldn't be more wrong. Sony has not set a pricing point for the PS3, so you're making those numbers up (or getting them from a tabloid) and Sony will not price the console above the 360 because it would be instant death (instead of the slow one I predict it will experience).

There will be plenty of time to save up for both since they're coming out so far apart :)

i think pc gaming will be gone evtually enless they get virtual reality or somthing. I heard to get the best out of xbox360 (and that means for the graphics to look diffrent from xbox 1) you need a high defintion t.v. and xbox live. I have live but i dont plan on getting a new t.v.

hey

No you dont need a High defination televion to play .... it will probably just look better..cause if thats the case how many people do you think would buy a 360 :p

Here is my problem with sony. Instead of picking an exsisting chip, which would be a lot easier (and cheaper for us and them), they try and make this "cell" CPU. Sounds great on paper, but I have a feeling with all the problems they are having with it now, it is going to be bug central if they try to rush out the release. Also, i heard the price will be about the same, which in this case is not good for sony as far as profit, so they will loose money on the consoles (like xbox is doing now) And i read in game informer the the PS3 will not be shiiped with a HD at its release, you think they would of learned.

Sean

BTW- Im am very excited to play Elder scrolls 4, god it looks good.

hey

yea elder scrolls looks gangster man :)

there is one more problem... am a little confused about the BLUE-RAY discs that the sony is planning to use... dont you think that putting games on blue rays are way more expensive as compared to HD-dvd i could be wrong here but if thats the case than i guess sony's games would even be more expensive..

i mean yea they are cool with like 50 gb space and all but you also gotta look at the costs hmm!!!

P.S If you Gears of war and Elder scrolls look soo good i cant imagine how Halo 3 would be like that game is gona crush everything out there :p

But than we have Metal Gear solid 4 on the ps3 To look forward to, btw was MOTORSTORM actual gameplay or PRE-RENDERED cause thats looks crazy to ...

if you have halo 2 limited edition and have watched the extra dvd there is alot of swwet stuff the took out of the game. If that stuff is halo 3..... people will be selling their children to get it.

I thought the intial Xbox 360s were going to contiune with Vannila DVDs? I know that sony is having alot of trouble with the blue ray and reading speeds. I read that they can only get it a 1x, compared to the DVD 8x that 360 has, and actually the dvd is much faster...now if sony can bring the read speed to 8x as well, then the blu-ray will be alot faster. But that is a big if considring what is already on their plate

Sean

AtK SpAdE said:
Here is my problem with sony. Instead of picking an exsisting chip, which would be a lot easier (and cheaper for us and them), they try and make this "cell" CPU. Sounds great on paper, but I have a feeling with all the problems they are having with it now, it is going to be bug central if they try to rush out the release. Also, i heard the price will be about the same, which in this case is not good for sony as far as profit, so they will loose money on the consoles (like xbox is doing now) And i read in game informer the the PS3 will not be shiiped with a HD at its release, you think they would of learned.

First, the cell processor is likely as custom as the processor in both of the other next gen consoles. Sony might have spent more money developing it, but remember that IBM ate a lot of the development costs.

As far as the HD goes, remember that hard drives had the second highest rate of failure in the XBOX (behind the optical drive) and they add a significant cost for very little gain (custom sound tracks/maps).

I strongly oppose inclusion of hard drives in consoles.

hey

Are you kidding me hard drives are awsome ...plus now we'll have the option of downloading stuff using the consoles and if u have a hard drive u can save a lot of stuff in them...Songs ofcourse one of them ...pictures etc etc its pretty cool i think all consoles should have a hard drive...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back