Xbox HD in PC????

Status
Not open for further replies.

skitzo_zac

okay so im pretty sure that my Xbox (orginal NOT 360) is REALLY close to death. i am wondering if and when it does die can i take it apart and put the hard drive into my computer? and maybe even the dvd drive aswell???

I mean it would be totally novelty to have a Xbox HD and DVD drive in ur PC!

Um it shouldnt hurt to try, actually im going to try that myself to see if it works and if it dose ill let you know. Do you have the very original without the LIVE feature like me? If so dose it have over heating problems like they say it did?

umm i think i have the orginal. i have the live feature thingy on the dashboard. but thats cos i used to have Live, but i had to like install it there. i got the recall on the power coard or wat eva, but i never had a problem with overheating or ne thing!

Yes. I"ve heard of people replacing the drives in those with IDE drives. It should also work in reverse.

i missed the recall time on that. Well he said it will work so i might just have to go try it :giddy:

tell me how it works for you if you try

well my xbox isnt dead yet. But i took the rubber feet things off the bottom and took out the star shaped screws (they r called t6 or summit i think) i just used a flat head screw driver on em tho. but ne way i took out the screws, but i just cant seem to take the actual case apart. i can get like 1 side up sorta but not the whole thing off.

ne one who has taken an xbox apart b4 can u tell me how to do it plz?????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back