Xbox - Ninja Gaiden

Status
Not open for further replies.

schizoid77

Don't know if anyone keeps up on the console AND pc game market as much as I do...but Ninja Gaiden was finally shipped out yesterday. And let me tell you...it is absolutely amazing.

Give it a try if u own an Xbox. But mind you, it's EXTREMELY HARD. Old school hard...old school NES hard, the reason I took a hammer to that machine in my younger days ;o)

On the normal setting (there is no Easy option...just Normal and Hard), feels more like Death Incarnate....I don't want to even guess what it's like on hard.

This game and Halo are the only reasons to own this console in my opinion.

I'm out. :blush:

This game and Halo are the only reasons to own this console in my opinion.

Do yourself a favor and pick up Prince of Persia and Soul Calibur 2.

Ninja Gaiden is the next purchase when I finish Prince of Persia and after these two my platformer appetite should be thoroughly saited and I will be able to sink my teeth into Doom 3 and redevelop my arse kickin' in first person skills- all the joys of gaming in the 21st century!.:slurp:

Have PoP already :)
Soul Caliber II ain't my style game..it was fun for awhile on my Dreamcast...but fighting games wear thin on me these days....

I do wish I could play the original Mortal Kombat in an arcade, though! Damn, I used to own people back in the day!

That large Doom 3 trailer is making me wish tax day was sooner than later, too!!

Soul Calibur II never made it to the dreamcast. It came out after they stopped producing games for that console. But if you didn't like SC then don't bother with SC2. I, on the other hand, love both 1 and 2.

I know LNC...I played SC I on Dreamcast....basically, fighting game sequels are the same game with better grafx and a few extra moves and maybe new character or 2...at least from my experience...so I always lump them up as a single game regardless of the # that comes after the title ;o)

Oh, and in regards to Ninja Gaiden...I haven't thrown the controller yet, but I have dropped it on the floor at the same time as my jaw...
Just beat the Airship level last night.....truly a sight to be seen......pardon my goofiness, but the airship level blew me away.

Gonna pick it up tonight- tweaked the 5.1 hi-fi and did a full manual convergence on the projection tv. The girlfriend works till 2am so its just me, Ninja Gaiden and a couple of martini's. I find that a liberal application of Grey Goose lessens the frustration factor of pretty much anything you care to do.

CHEERS!

Ninja Gaiden is absolutely SICK...and extremely hard...but I'l tell you what - I am SHAKING with anticipation of DOOM III...and my wife is even more anxious than I am...she is truly one of the Deathmatch Queens...don't know what I did to be lucky to find a wife that loves gaming, but I'm glad I did - whatever it was...

NICE lowman. My wife plays MMOs with me - but any FPS game makes her sick to her stomach :( .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back