XBox PS2 DVD HaHa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweakster

Just read that u HAVE to have a remote to use Xbox DVD. Anyone tryed using there CASIO TV watch (i dont have 1) to save signal and using it with XBOX or PS2

This idea is 100% mine :eek:)

That won't work. I haven't seen the PS2 kit, but the XBox kit is a remote and an IR sensor that plugs into a controller port.

Originally posted by Tweakster
Anyone tryed using there CASIO TV watch

Mind explaining to me and the rest of us how this would work? I just don't see it.

Besides, what is a Casio TV watch anyhoo? A TV remote control built into a watch? If it was that I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work anyway because you'd still need the receiver plugged into the controller port on the XBox/PS2. And I'm sure the consoles don't use the same IR code as Casio TVs.

Yeah stupid me! But yes about 10 years ago there was a watch made by Casio which scans a TV remotes signal and can then save it to change channel volume etc. I though u just bought a Remote and somewhere the console had a reciever somewhere already. I do know that TV VIDEO STEREO (dunno about sateillete) and car alarms can be scaaned in.

Yea, I remember those watches, I think Timex also made one. They came out shortly after the "Universal" TV remotes did.

I believe those watches were a car thiefs best friend for a while as they could be used to steal the signals from remote central locking devices when they were used...
The PS2 kits for DVD doesn't require the IR remote but if you use it its the same setup with a bit that plugs into the controller port and a little remote.

I mgiht be mistaken, but you can't you just use the game controller for the PS2 to play DVDs?

A bit crude, but effective, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back