Xfire issule :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey ppl ive just been told by a friend of mine u may be able to help me with my problem..

basically its xfire nt working in game...ive been tryin to play bf2 and xfire used to work but now it doesnt it says its detected in the options and i have no idea what else it could be...its set to scroll lock+x and nothing happens...

any ideas?

system
windows XP pro
version 2002
service pack 2

Computer

AMD sempron 2800+

2.00gHZ

2GB OF RAM

video card-radeon 9600

hope u can help much appreciated

ok ive tryed over on there fourms shall i send

Xfire In Game messaging does not work for me at all. Why?

There are a number of factors that allow Xfire to run along with your games and send and receive messages from within the game. Things to check on your system are as follows:
What OS? what does that mean?

Xfire In-Game messaging is currently only supported on Windows Vista, XP and 2000. If you are running a 64-bit version of Windows Vista or XP, some games will run in 64-bit mode and Xfire will not be able to detect them at all.
i got XP
What Xfire Skin?
Some older User created skins do not have the latest In-Game support if any at all. The Xfire skin (default), Standard and Combat skins were created and tested by Xfire and always guaranteed to work with Xfire In-Game.
i got a few Clean X,Doom 3 etc...but i changed it to defult as it says

What game is not working?
Is this game on the Supported Games page? (Currently over 200 with In Game support)

bf2
Is the game on your Xfire Tools | Launch menu and can it be launched from there? yes still doesnt work

What is your key bind set to? (Tools> Options> Chat tab.)
what it is normally scroll lock+x

Is In Game messaging enabled? (Tools> Options> Chat tab. Requires Exit and restart of Xfire.)
yes

Can this game be run in different render modes? (Example: CS 1.6 runs in both OGL and D3D9)

BF2
i dont so it doesnt let me change it it says D3D9 (ive been told thats right)

If so, what renderer are you running?
D3D9

Are you running Fraps?
no
Fraps is a software video recording application. Older versions did not work well with OGL games and Xfire which could cause low fps or lockups. If you are running newer versions of Fraps, Xfire will detect it and not hook into your game. This will cause XIG and Screenshots to stop functioning

Are you running a “No CD” patch or a mod to launch the game?
no its stright from cd plus with the new patch

If your game is using a different .exe to launch the game, there is a possibility that Xfire will not detect it.
unsure :S i think its .exe...would normally be?

Does Xfire In-Game work for any of your other games?
cant play any other games (another problem i have)

What video card are you using?
radeon 9600
What driver version for the video card?
teh lateist

What version of DirectX?

9.0c

??

Basically, this guy is having problems with his computer. I sent him over here because I believed you guys could better help him with his issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back