XFX 8800GTS 320mb or BFG 8800GTS 320mb

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCZElite

Hi guys, i'm having trouble debating whether to get the XFX version of the 8800GTS or BFG 8800GTS and i'm considering the 320mb version not the 640mb.

XFX version considering has 560/1700
BFG version considering has 550/1600

The difference i found between them despite the speed or core and memory was the fill rate.

XFX fill rate: 24bill/sec
BFG fill rate: 26.2bill/sec

But how is that possible when the XFX card is faster?. Also BFG is bit more expensive but offers lifetime warranty, though the warranty is for the american people only and i am canadian i see this being a bummer. Contents wise XFX has a game i can play with the card, but BFG has a t-shirt worth nothing at all.

So final word is which will you guys pick and why....and this can ease my purchase easioer lol. And the price difference is only $3 mind u.

What size is it?

I would contact BFG to assure the warranty will not be honored in Canada... it could be a marketing or document error.

You didn't describe which computer you will be using... fsb, memory, cooling sustem etc. For the average gamers computer, I doubt you would detect any difference in the two in side by side tests.
I seriously doubt

My system as follows

MB: P5N-E SLI
CPU: C2D E6320 1.86GHZ 4mb cache
Ram: 2GB OCZ Platnium XTC Rev2 Ram
GC: XFX or BFG 320mb (Don't know yet)
HDD: Segate 250GB SATA HDD
PSU: OCZ StealthStream 600W
CPU FAN: Zalman CNPS9700

Carry on parts: DVD-Rom, DVD-Burner,Floppy Drive, and 20" Viewsonic LCD monitor

Thats about it.

the XFX version i listed the middle version of one the over clocked version, the top clocked version is 580 core speed and 1800 memory speed, but the one i listed is 560 core clock and 1700 memory speed. But the thing i confused was, why is the fil rate of the BFG more than the XFX one, even though the XFX one is more overclocked.

Edited by Moderator: Removed quote. There`s no need to quote the post directly above your own, unless you`re only replying to a specific section, in which case you would only quote that section. ;)

The stock speed fill rate is 24 bill/sec. BFG have taken into account the overclocked speeds, whereas XFX haven't. If BFG are saying 26.2 bill/sec then the XFX must be at least the same, if not slightly higher.

i c...oh well which would you pick?

Edited by Moderator: Removed quote. There`s no need to quote the post directly above your own, unless you`re only replying to a specific section, in which case you would only quote that section. ;)

I'd pick the XFX on clock speeds alone, and if the game is one you'll play then that makes the decision even easier. XFX have built up a pretty good reputation with their overclocked cards as well.

I like BFG's lifetime warranty, they will still give you warranty after overclocking, them and evga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back