XFX geforce 7600GS agp 256mb getting lag in games

Status
Not open for further replies.

lplover2k

ok i bought an XFX 7600GS 256mb agp.... games were running fine before on high settings but now i dun know why..they are getting lags!!! games i tried are pro evolution soccer 5 and warrock only.... these are games which do not really demand powerful cards but they are laggy.... especially pro evolution soccer :( that's really annoying... what can be the causes?? i updated my drivers and still same result

my specs:
1.5gb DDR
p4 2.6ghz
about 200gb HDD ... 1gb free on the drive my games are found
geforce 7600gs agp on 4x

Hi
Have you tried a virus or spyware scan? Is anything else running while you game, such as an antivirus? Have you updated anything that coincided with the start of the lag?

i scanned using norton antivirus...

i tried running the games without antivirus..but no effect...i dun know why there is such lags!!! it was very smooth before...

i have updated any particular drivers when the lag started..at least i dun really remember :(

Try running adaware or something like that. Norton doesn't find everything.

Your old AGP drivers might be conflicting with the new ones.. get driver cleaner pro..uninstall anything nvidia related..reboot your computer then install the new drivers and your all set ...that might fix your problem :)

try 3 things:

update drivers
scan with adware/spybot/spysweeper
try setting it to agp 8x, does your mobo suport it?

Also, get rid of norton! it wouldn't know a virus if it saw one! AVG free scans better than norton!

tried trojan hunter,ad-aware to remove all spyware etc...nothing...still lagging.... will try to clean my drivers... no my agp slot is only 4x(yeah i know that sux lolz) :(.... hope cleaning the drivers will help...

hmm... wat's cpu bottleneck...can it be the issue here???

ok..i cleaned my drivers and re-installed the latest drivers...hmmm when i play pro evolution soccer 5..it runs pretty smooth at first...but after 5-6mins ... it starts lagging again..and it get worse as time passes...what the problem here???

i thought about the heat too..when i am not playing on nvidia control panel..the temp is about 60c and when i play it's arounf 76-78c.... hmm... is the temperature too high....the threshold temp is 120c i think for this card...if it is actually the heat which is causing the lag...what do i need to do..??? put a fan??

and another detail i forgot to mention...i changed from CRT to LCD...can this cause lag?? (i personally don't think it is).

I bet it's the heat. My 6800 does the lag bit if I oc it from 350 (stock) to 400 and play games. No oc and it runs normaly. 60c in 2d is way too high far as I am concerned. Mine runs at like 52 in 2d.

Some have reduced temps by reducing core and mem clock speed, some have done so by improving card or case cooling, and some by using a different driver.
Take your pick.

Blakhart said:
Some have reduced temps by reducing core and mem clock speed, some have done so by improving card or case cooling, and some by using a different driver.
Take your pick.

what does a driver have anything to do with it?

rrrrrrright......ummmm....i dunno who told you that, but drivers have nothing to do with heat - drivers are not a physical entity, so it is impossible for them to produce heat energy. maybe a driver will raise the clock speeds on a card or maybe even the voltage(even though i have never heard of anything like this, but it is theoretically possible) on a card, but this is very unlikely. if you dl drivers from nvidias driver page, i can safely say that those drivers will NOT increase clock speeds, or voltage.

To reduce the temperature, you will need to buy a good cooling fan, and that should be the best way. I recommend this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118013

And no, I don't think fifa07 should be lagging on your system in default setting.

Try to reinstall the driver again. Right click on my computer ----> Manage ----> Device Manager ----> Display adapters ----> Disable or Uninstall any other driver other than the one you want to use.

The 7600GS is a really powerful card so the lag is definitely something either driver-related or heat-related. Have u tried to clean the heatsink up with a can of compressed air?

i just bought the card i dun think it's dirty... i am thinking about buying another fan for my pc... dun where to place it though.. any idea?? tips needed.. ty in advance..

i am really desperate i lag even when i set everything to low that's terrible

Try reinstalling mainboard chipset drivers.

Nvidia's control panel should have a temperature monitor, you can check if the problem really is heat-related (my guess is that it's not).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back