XFX Video Card Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

bach0004151

Hi,

I built a Windows Vista 64bit computer with a AMD 5600+ X2 and 2GB of RAM and Two SATA 300 Hard Drives one is 320GB and the other is 500GB. and the computer was working find and to I wanted to play my old Serious Sam II game. It worked good for about 10 min's and then it locked up. I need Help I think it is the XFX nvidia 8600 GT Video Card. But what can I do to make sure that is the problem? What can I check before I go out and Buy a other one.

Thanks

bach0004151

Hi,
The question for you is how do u know that its the card? What if its a driver issue.
Ok what i haven't understood is did u try restarting it, if so did it do the same think, and also if possible download the latest DIRECTX and new drivers for your card and install them.Then if all that fails, u will come to that conclusion.

Cheers Mate
Robin

Are you monitoring your component temps? Freezes can be caused by components getting hot. Make sure that you have temperature monitoring programs installed too quickly look at when your next lockup occurs.

I can monitor my temperatures, but they are always in Celcius (formerly Centigrade) and while I could look up the conversion to Farenheit, I have not done so. What is the acceptable C temp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back