Xmlparse.dll error for Yahoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

cshell4642

I'm usually pretty good at figuring out problems,but this one has me stumped. A couple of months ago I installed a larger hard drive in the laptop and reinstalled Windows, consequently also had to reinstall everything else with no problems till I decide to reinstall Yahoo IM. I downloaded the program and when it gets to installing it I get an error message that says " GLJ19.tmp- Entry point not found." and goes on to say " The procedure entry point XML_GetCurrentLine Number could not be located in the dynamic link library xmlparse.dll"
I looked around on the internet and found a site that said that xmlparse.dll,xmltok.dll and pcre.dll needed to be in the Windows/System directory. xmlparse and xmltok, were in the directory but not pcre.dll. DL and stuck in in there and I'm still getting the error msg. Any ideas?
I have an HiJack this log if you need it. Thanks.

I've waited 3 days now and can't seem to get an answer. What is it? There were a couple others with IM problems no one answered either. Is this subject taboo?

cshell4642 said:
I'm usually pretty good at figuring out problems,but this one has me stumped. A couple of months ago I installed a larger hard drive in the laptop and reinstalled Windows, consequently also had to reinstall everything else with no problems till I decide to reinstall Yahoo IM. I downloaded the program and when it gets to installing it I get an error message that says " GLJ19.tmp- Entry point not found." and goes on to say " The procedure entry point XML_GetCurrentLine Number could not be located in the dynamic link library xmlparse.dll"
I looked around on the internet and found a site that said that xmlparse.dll,xmltok.dll and pcre.dll needed to be in the Windows/System directory. xmlparse and xmltok, were in the directory but not pcre.dll. DL and stuck in in there and I'm still getting the error msg. Any ideas?
I have an HiJack this log if you need it. Thanks.
I am now having the same problem with this xmlparse.dll error message. Did you ever get it figured out or get yahoo IM working? If yes how did you do it? I have XP on my system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back