XP access denied file

Status
Not open for further replies.

callbobby69

My stupid XP/2 gives me a headache. In drive c: at the drive folders page. On the left is all my folders of programs and files . When i click on a top folder on the left ..and it has sub folders..it shows the sub folders over in the right side area . When i click to open one of them , they tell me that access is denied. I am the administrator and made sure all rights are assinged to me. If i hit " explore from here " on one of the folders , it will go ahead and open up in a new window.
Any suggestions as to how to get back the permission to open my files as i had before ?
Demonstration.gif

Access Denied

Now i am really screwed up...i did follow the instructions exactly as i printed out from the site ..every single sub folder on the c drive will not let me in . When i did the safe login , the folders did have the security tab and they all showed that , i , as the administrator was allowed to open the folders. I added my personl login as well as my administrator rights , and figured that should do it . Nope ..still can't get into the folders or files . Access denied ..i even did a r click on the c: drive symbol and gave myself ownership of the entire drive , with no results ..
Any ideas ?
Bobby

I`m sorry to hear that you`re still having problems. Unfortunately, I don`t have any other ideas. Maybe some of our other members will be able to suggest a fix for you.

Regards Howard :(

access denied

Caravel......i went and followed the instructions on the microsoft site a couple of times and it wont work on my home version of XP . The reply is..:rolleyes:
secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\repair\secsetup.inf /db secsetup.sdb /verbose

secedit is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

Got anything else to give a whirl ?

You're running XP Home then?

You'll need to get secedit.exe and secedit.chm from elsewhere. I've had to do this before on other systems running home as they don't come with secedit.

The paths are as follows:

%windir%\help\secedit.chm
%windir%\system32\secedit.exe

Download secedit.exe here
Download secedit.chm here

Place them in the correct folder and try again.

Awww nuts......i went to search to see if i have those and found out that my search is not doing anything . I hit search and nothing happens ......should i start a new thread ?

You don't have them, as you're running XP Home, download them from the links I provided. I'm not sure why you're search isn't working. It may simply be lagging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back