XP and Bin Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobMan

Can anyone tell me why ever since I started using XP I burn coasters when I try to burn a bin file? I've dealt with it for a while now by using IsoBuster but the extra step is getting old. I get no errors while burning with CDRWin or FireBurner...... both say the CD has been created sucessfully......but when I try to read it....I can't. In Windows Explorer it shows up like an audio CD. ????? I'm using a Plextor 40/12/40A. Thanks

Not sure RobMan - it's not specifically a WinXP problem though because I can burn them fine. ***IF*** by chance you are using a hacked version of CDRWin I think you should know that at one point GoldenHawk was including code that would deliberately burn coasters if it could tell it was using a pirated key. Just a heads up - not saying you are or anything, but usually all you had to do is uninstall, clean the registry a bit of all the Goldenhawk and CDRWin info you can find, then reinstall and use another key or gen another key. Beware! TS does not condone the pirating of software.

LNCPapa

Just a thought..
Audio CDs use 2352 bytes per block, but CD-ROMs use only 2048, the most of the rest being error correcting code. You haven't mixed them up, have you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back