XP Boot-screen > Bluescreen > Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ppl,

I've had a problem for the last 3 days. And I don't get what it is. While XP is booting, I suddenly get a short flash of Bluescreen(I've searched for a way to disable reboot on error, without results), and the computer reboots. I've read about other ppl having the same problems, but I've tried almost everything, but nothing seems to work.
I've runned CHKDSK /r, CHKDSK /p, CHKDSK /f, FIXBOOT and FIXMBR in the recoveryconsole.
I've also tried the "expand D:\i386\kernel32.dl_" method.
I've tried to repair XP with the XP-Booting-cd.
Still I get the same results each time.. :\

By the way, I am able to connect my Samsung SATA hard drive to this computer and get access to it that way.

(Sry bout' my english, I'm from Norway :))

Regards
Denzel

damn these blue death.

+1 .

Maybe a problem with memories???Memtest perhaps.i dunno.

Thanks for quick answer.
I can't run Memtest, as I can't get access to my computer =\
But I don't think it's the memory causing the trouble. If I only could disable reboot on error, it would make things lots easier.

Google it,and get the iso version.Burn it and boot up with it.It will run the test.
2nd thought.. Pff u cant get in...Maybe a friend of your.

Thanks I'll try it, but right now I've screwed up the whole computer! As I turn the Powerswitch(On the backside) it starts automaticly. It have never done so before, but the problem is that it won't get a connection with the monitor. You think I have broken my graphic-card?

Regards Denzel

edit: I tried to remove and replace the RAM-bricks
edit 2: Monitor-problem solved. I moved one of the RAM-bricks to another slot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back