XP booting + repairing prob

Status
Not open for further replies.

amanuo

Hi,

Currently my XP pro which has worked fine for a long time stopped booting this morning. It loads upto the logo/loading screen, but then the little blue loading bar just keeps moving from left to right without loading any more (will keep doing that forever).
Going into safe-mode does work (i'm currently in safe-mode + network option in order to write this post).

Without really knowing what to do i tried solving it by choosing Repair with the Windows cd, and doing a Fixboot, but this did nothing either.
However i did not try it with a repair floppy because i do not have one.

Does anyone know where this problem can be and how it can be solved? And how/if i can do a repair without a floppy?

I really rather don't want to try system restore or last config because I've always heard this will make the problem worse than it already is.

Would it help to download a bootdisk? I wonder because i have manual partitions installed.

amanuo said:
I really rather don't want to try system restore or last config because I've always heard this will make the problem worse than it already is.

That`s nonsense. You should definitely give it a try. If that fails to resolve the problem, try a Windows repair as per this thread HERE.

Regards Howard :)

After writing my last post i rebooted again to try another bootdisk (which apeared to be faulty), and after that i couldn't even boot into safe-mode anymore (it loaded the drivers and just stopped anything after that).
So then the only option was to try 'Startup with the last known configurations' and it worked.

I'm extremely relieved and thanks for the help mr.Howard (it apears you were right and i was being stubborn).

But do you know what could have been the problem and what could have caused it though? I've done absolutely nothing different from usual on the pc before this occured.

It was probably a corrupt file of some description. It does happen from time to time. Now your system is running properly again, don`t worry too much about it.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back