XP BSOD crashes pointing to NTOSKRNL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.
I suffer frequent crashes, especially while watching online videos. I have been through all the recommended steps before posting. Please help me figure out which driver is causing the crashes.

Memtest86 returns no errors, and it seems the crashes occur at the same point every time in the log. I have reallocated the swap space, defragged, cleaned out the dust well, monitored the temperatures with MBM5, run a disk scan. Attached are the last 5 minidumps. My analysis of these dumps all point to "ntoskrnl.exe ( nt!ViDeadlockCheckStackLimits+6c )", but I do not know how to diagnose the problem further.

Thank you if you can help with this, I am guessing it is a a bad driver, but have not had luck with updates.

Attachments

• dbat2MinidumpsAug14-18.zip
    36.5 KB · Views: 5
All the crashes have bugcheck C4 - DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION. You'll have to turn off the driver verifier and then post any new dumps received.

New minidumps without verifier

Attached are the new minidumps. From my inexperienced look at the minidumps, it seems like the crashes are random. Is this a hardware failure? If so, I have tried many things to diagnose it without luck. Could it be the motherboard? I hope your analysis points to something more concrete. Thank you for the help.

Mini082107-01:
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1) on "hardware"

Mini082707-01:
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1) on "tcpip.sys"

Mini090207-01:
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50) on "hardware"

IMHO I would say memory, HD, or mobo. You said you did a memtest, how many passes? Have you done a HardDrive Test? Does it error in Safe Mode w/ Networking as well? Have you checked the mobo for busted caps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back