XP HANGS need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I just attended a Lan party over the weekend. Everything went fine until I got home. After I hooked everything back up and powered my computer on it booted normally with a post, but when it came to booting from disc or hdd, the system hangs. It asks if you want to boot from cd and i have tried this with XP in the drive but whenever I hit any key nothing happens and it proceeds to go to a blank screen and hang. I have an athlon 64, 512 PC2700, Geforce FX 5600, FN85 Mobo, SN85G4 Case. Thanks in advance for any help.

Open your case and make sure your Heatsink and fan are properly seated over the CPU. Also check and ensure nothing is out of place or unplugged...

Did you ever get windows to load. I have having the same problem with my out-of-the-box Shuttle SN850G (FN85 mobo). It will post and boot into the BIOS, but will not boot to a Windows CD-ROM, or to a drive that has Windows installed on it. It just goes to a Black Screen. I can't seem to figure out why ...

I can boot to a Red Hat Linux CD-ROM, and boot up Red Hat Linux on a drive that has that OS on it, so I do not think that it is a fatal hardware issue.

Any help?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back